Saturday 23 June 2012

Rodney Bay - Marigot Bay, St. Lucia


 Seeming’s though we missed jump up on Friday night due to two tired crew members (not mentioning any names. . .), we decided to go to a party at Point Seraphin on Saturday evening. We arrived just after 9pm and there was hardly any one there. . .but by 10pm, the local artists had started and people were piling in. We stayed until 11:40pm, dancing and listening to the hottest artists in St. Lucia.
Off to the party
Saturday was partying, so Sunday was schoolwork. Rebecca and I spent the whole day getting a great deal of schoolwork done and dusted.

On Wednesday morning there was great excitement on the boat as my dad was arriving home. We all woke up early to give Jangles a nice scrub so she was all clean and shiny again. I stayed on the boat to finish up my set of PACE tests as my mom and sister drove to the airport to fetch my dad. They arrived back at the boat just after 4pm. I ran outside and hugged my dad, we had all missed Mr. Captain. My mom and sister were all smiling as we got back onto the boat. We took my dad out for dinner at our favourite spot, the Starfish restaurant. We all caught up over dinner and then took a very jetlagged Mr. Captain back to bed.
















Sunset on kayak trip







I woke up on Friday morning not feeling great at all. So Rebecca, as the trooper she is, went alone to training with Rodja. As for me, I drugged up and went back to bed. By the early evening, I was feeling much better and decided to go for a light paddle on the kayak and then a slow jog along the beach, it was beautiful as I got back just as the sun was setting. We all headed to the nice long hot showers we were allowed to take on shore and got ready for dinner and the Jump Up. After a quick dinner at Starfish, we took a taxi to the street party. My dad spotted the lady he sat next to on the aeroplane so him and my mom went to sit with them whilst Rebecca and I went to check out the dance scene. As usual, all the tourists were standing around watching two locals dance all by themselves. Eventually Rebecca and I joined them and after a while, everybody started to dance with us. We left pretty early, just after 11pm, as I was starting to feel sick again from all the smoke hanging around from the cigars and cigarettes that were being passed around. Once in bed, I slept like a baby.


Dancing at the Jump Up
Santa's treats
Saturday morning was finally time to leave Rodney Bay. We cleared out of the office and said goodbye to our friend, Fiona, who works at the Ocean Club in the marina. As we left the dock, my spirit soared as we were finally on the move again. The genoa went up and we sailed down to Marigot Bay. It was a short sail, only 9 nautical miles, but it felt so good to sail again! Once we were anchored in the bay, we had lunch. Over lunch I showed my parents a video of the Tough Mudder race some friends of ours are doing today in Vancouver. We looked around grateful for the blue water and sunny sky. As we were finishing lunch, we heard cheerful singing coming towards us. Shortly after, we were greeted my Santa himself in a little yellow kayak. He was bringing us presents by giving us all tasters of his delicious mangoes and bananas! We ended up being very spoilt on christmas as we left with bundles of mangoes,  bananas, starfruits, cucumbers, peppers, and limes. We spent the afternoon lying on the couch watching NCIS. As evening came around, we all got ready to go to Doolittle's for dinner. We called the water taxi to come fetch us but no reply. . .we kept trying. . . .Eventually we decided to go take the dinghy down and go ourselves but just as we took the cover off, heaven forbid, it started pouring with rain. Eventually we decided that it was time to call it, peanut butter sandwiches for dinner and we would do Doolittles tomorrow evening.

Santa with his goodies
Click on the link below to see a video of our day trip to the botanical gardens and diamond waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment