Friday 28 September 2012

Change


Change is inevitable. It is as simple as that. Some change is for the better, and some would say that some is for the worst. Sometimes change is necessary and other times it seems to come without cause. And sometimes we change simply because we want to. Some moments, some spectacular moments, we wish change would just keep its distance. These moments could be compared to shooting stars. They’re moments of light that we lay all of our hopes, our dreams and our wishes on . . . but in the end they all have one thing in common, they’re spectacular moments of light, glimpses of a bright future . . . and in the blink of an eye, they’re gone.


My life has changed insurmountably since I stepped foot on Jangles last year and left home to sail the world. I’d like to say I’ve changed for the better . . . I think I’ve grown as a person, built up by my experiences. I’m certainly a different person than what I started out as . . . I’ve changed. Some changes for the better, some changes for the worst. Some were necessary changes and others without cause . . . but that’s how the story is meant to go, isn’t it? Our life is a metamorphosis . . . a transformation of oneself through experiences, through others, through change. Change finds us all, what we do with it is what defines us.

One thing you learn quickly whilst living on a boat is that plans always change. Wind changes, seas change and the course steered alters. Jangles went back on the water today and I can’t tell you where we are going as it will most likely change . . . we go where the wind takes us, we go where we want to go, we go where we need to go. So whatever lies ahead, I look forward to Jangles’ next journey.
Jangles on the water once again


3 comments:

  1. When I met you, I was surprised to find out how old you are. From your postings here, I would say you are older than your age. You are mature beyond your years. This is a result of your travels, and as you travel more and see other cultures, you will mature more. You have a appreciation for things new and different. That is something to look forward to, you have an opotunity most young ladies of your age can only dream about. Keep working on your formal education, and with your travels, the world will come to you. Enjoy life to its fullness, and always look forward to your future. Keep the posting coming, wishih you and your family the best and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vern, that is a very nice comment. I am very fortunate for the opportunities I have been given. I look forward to what lies ahead. God bless xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog is great. I already miss the wind in my hair and the water under my feet. Change is forever evident in our lives, a painting continually repainted until perfection is reached. Once so, it is time to repaint once more. :) Keep repainting and focusing on using those bright colors of yours.
    Your fellow painter,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete